Protection of Personal Information Act – 15 September 2021
R850.00 – R3,500.00
About this webinar
This webinar is specifically designed to provide an insightful and practical understanding to the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (hereafter referred to as the “POPI Act”) and more especially the rights, duties and obligations of the role players in information processing. It further incorporates insight on the eight conditions for the lawful processing of personal information.
The Webinar training will include
• An introduction to the rationale underpinning the concepts in the Act.
• Key terms and definitions to identify various stakeholders.
• The 8 (eight) conditions for processing personal information.
• The importance of implementing security safeguards.
• The rights, duties and obligations of the various role players.
• Conditions for the lawful processing of personal information.
• Exclusions and exemptions to the Act.
• Special personal information and exemptions.
• Enforcement Mechanisms, offences, penalties and administrative fines.
Therefore, at the end of this training, attendees will have a general understanding of the role to be played by the POPI Act, and its affiliated importance in the context of safeguarding personal information, lawful conditions of processing personal information within certain industries and the right to privacy and access to information. Further insight will be provided to attendees regarding the implications of compliance and noncompliance with the POPI Act and ways to ensure compliance, especially in the workplace and with respect to labour laws, employment contracts and procedures and how these need to be adapted.
Individual, Group of 5